Saturday, 2 June 2012

Snippets of: Le corps découvert

Pin It

When I was in France last week, I visited the
Its beautiful architecture is by Jean Nouvel
(you can see here, here, here and there) and it has
a museum, a library, an auditorium and a restaurant.

I went to see Le corps découvert, an exhibition of 200 modern and contemporary art works by 70 (Arabic) artists with a common theme, the representation of the body and the nude in the Arab visual art world.

Here are my picks.

Le déraciné (The uprooted), Nama Hadi, 1984.

This is my favourite painting, such a powerful image.



Eve, Adam hors d'Eden (Adam out of Eden), Deux nus (Two nudes), Khalil Saleeby, 1901 and 1913.




Une mémoire dans l'oubli, Halida Boughriet, 2009-10.



Les Parisiennes, Majida Khattari, 2008-09.



 
Made in mode grossesse La danse du ventre (Belly dancing), Fatima Mazmouz, 2009.
(It is actually a video)



Kamel Dridi.



Self-portrait 1, Huguette Caland, 1973.
(my other favourite)


Checkpoint, Huguette Caland.



and if you understand French...





The exhibition is on until the 15th of July!


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a waouh!, 2 waouh! or lots of waouh!