Saturday, 25 June 2011

Snippets of: Narcissus by the Steps

Pin It I went to see the "Narcissus Reflected" exhibition at the Fruitmarket Gallery yesterday (it ends on Sunday!) and oh boy I was really bored downstairs and started to regret coming (nothing worse than being full of expectations about a show and then not being blown away by it...). Except from few photos by Cecil Beaton and Pierre Molinier (which i loved), I really wasn't impressed (it doesn't help I don't really like Salvador Dalí's painting, the starting point of the whole exhibition ahem).

Thankfully, there was an upstairs with my two favourite pieces, Pipilotti Rist’s video installation Sip My Ocean, a haven of blue peace (imagine sitting on a very cosy blue carpet surrounded by giant screens covering two walls playing the same underwater video - i found it very soothing...like in a womb?) and Yayoi Kusama's Narcissus Garden, very impressive.
(You can see it at 01:44 but in this particular exhibition you could walk through the balls, seeing yourself reflected in every one of them)



Oh and on my way I went to see the refurbished Scotsman Steps, I can't believe I had never been that way before! Apparently it used to be really stinky...well now it looks beautiful, all marbled (marble steps by the artist Martin Creed) and clean and not smelling. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave a waouh!, 2 waouh! or lots of waouh!